Sunday, October 5, 2014

Labor Day.....

 For Labor Day we headed to Parowan. Mike stayed home and was able to study in silence. This year our family participated in the 5k Run/Walk in honor of my mom who is fighting breast cancer. The boys made these adorable shirts and everyone decked out in pink. We entered the boys in the walk and let them run. My mom and I started walking with them and then they took off. My sisters and sister-in-laws ran. My mom decided she would walk with me and the kids. We started the race and the boys started running we had not even walked 2 miles before these boys lapsed us and Tate was out in front with a good distance. I couldn't believe it since he does not run. He was working it though and I thought he would give out. My Dad and brother came and met my mom and I to give my mom some water and we told them to go to the finish line to watch for the kids.  When my dad arrived at the finish line, Tate was sitting on the curb at the finish line waiting for someone to come and get him. My dad was informed by a few citizens that Tate had won the walk/race. We were all shocked. Apparently, we have a runner in our family. We were all so proud of him and the Gentleman that came in second place gave him fifty dollars. Tate was so excited about the money he cared less about anything more.
 Here is the winner with his water and fifty dollar bill. He purchased a cool Lego set with the money.
 His name is listed under the 5K Walk as the winner. The 2nd place winner was the Gentleman who gave him the money. So classy....
 The kids enjoying the parade and waiting for candy....
 So fun to hang out with cousins. The boys love Labor Day in Parowan....

No comments: