Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A day at the Circus....

Tate has been bugging Mike and I about taking him to the Ringling Brothers and Barnium Bailey Circus since he saw the advertisement on the television. When I checked the prices, I was shocked at the cost and we tried to talk Tate out of it. Then I was offered some extra patient visits for the infusion company I work with.  It was ironic that the cost was close to exactly what I was paid for these nursing visits. I knew I had to take him to the Circus and I am so glad we took the opportunity to do it. It was a memory maker. This quote kept creeping in my mind when I was trying to discourage Tate from going. I had heard it from President Monson in Conference a few years ago.  Here is the quote:
I’ve shared with you previously an example of this philosophy. I believe it bears repeating. Many years ago, Arthur Gordon wrote in a national magazine, and I quote:
“When I was around thirteen and my brother ten, Father had promised to take us to the circus. But at lunchtime there was a phone call; some urgent business required his attention downtown. We braced ourselves for disappointment. Then we heard him say [into the phone], ‘No, I won’t be down. It’ll have to wait.’
“When he came back to the table, Mother smiled. ‘The circus keeps coming back, you know,’ [she said.]
“‘I know,’ said Father. ‘But childhood doesn’t.’” 2











We thought this man was crazy to get in the cage with all those lions and tigers....

No comments: