Thursday, February 19, 2009

Be aware of the painter.......


The nasty flu bug has hit our home. Each family member has had it and we are ready for the snow to end and spring to come. While we have been quarantined to our home I decided it was a great time to paint. I have really enjoyed painting because it has taken me away from the runny noses and coughs. Dylan helped me at the paint store to gather the supplies. Each time I go to paint, Dylan intrudes and tells me over the loud radio. OH MOM I REALLY LOVE THE COLOR AND NOW CAN I PAINT? I must admit I did let him paint one small spot and then I painted over it. He now examines the area he painted and he told me this morning, "the spot I painted looks TERRIFIC." What mom can honestly tell their child that their great work warranted completion by another? Not me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have to do the same thing with Troy and painting. But, I never tell him I fixed it. :)

Jen said...

You're brave to even let him pick up the roller. My kids know they are banned within 10 feet of my painting projects!!

By the way, I posted a response comment to the comment you left on my blog.

Danette~ said...

Hi Shonell! Cute post. You're such a good mom. I have some painting to do...but I have a 20 mos. old who keeps me from doing it...I think I'll have to wait till she's 20, haha!