Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Crazy hair day......



Last Friday it was Crazy Hair Day at Welby.  Mike was out of town and I had to work on Thursday night and so my sweet niece Avery stayed with the boys and drove all over looking for colored hair gel unsuccessfully.  A few nurses told me to use red jello in their sleep deprived state and so on my way home, in my exhausted sleep deprived state, I bought red jello. I mixed it with conditioner and water and colored his hair red.  He was so thrilled since it was the school color.  Later that day my friend at work, who had told me to use the jello, texted me and told me not to use the jello and that it would stain his hair for at least 2 weeks if not longer and she had found this out after talking to her daughter who is a hair dresser. As soon as Dylan came home from school, I saw how much red I had actually put into his hair.  I called my sister-in-law who is a hair dresser and she told me to use baking soda.  I also spoke with my hair dresser and she was laughing and told me to use dish washing soap as well as the baking soda. We washed his hair with both and then put a strong conditioner on his hair.  Luckily, it came out and Dad could not even tell when he came home that night. Thank Heavens.  Dylan thought it was great and he wanted me to leave it in , "for forever."



1 comment:

Avery Veater said...

Haha. I love this. Too funny!