Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of Kindergarten.....

The big day arrived and our little Dylan is now in Kindergarten. Mrs. Laurtizen, his teacher, had given him a "brave bracelet," to wear for the first big day. She told us the "brave bracelet would remind us to be brave and happy when we came to school because sometimes mommy's and daddy's cry happy tears." Dylan had his brave bracelet on as soon as he woke up. I think the mommy's need brave bracelets too. He looks so big and handsome.
We are so lucky that our school is within a short walking distance. I am glad he is close to home.
When I told Dylan to get his backpack, Tate went and put on his "ackpack" too. He was a little disappointed when he had to come home and take a nap. I am not used to it being so quiet. I could get used to this for a couple of years.
Dylan and his neighborhood classmates. I hope he develops strong friendships and these boys are also in our ward and come from great families.



l This was a sad moment that I will not forget. Dylan was walking in with his class and he held out his little hand and said, " I love you mom. See you later." The hand wave is something we do that we learned when we read the "Kissing Hand." I just took a picture and cried behind the camera.

I was dying to pick him up and this was how happy he was. He could not stop talking about his day and he was so excited. He told me, "mom I know that I'm going to really like my class and Mrs. Lauritzen." I am so happy for him.

Daddy and Dylan at the "Knight's Feast." We had pineapple glazed salmon, sweet potatoes, brown rice, orange sunrise drink, and brownies with Haagen Dazs strawberrry ice cream. We talked about the first day of school and what are goals are for the school year. It was so much fun and I hope it will become a memorable tradition for the boys. I had heard the idea few years ago and wanted to make it a tradition. The boys helped me make the crowns and we all
wore them during dinner. Mike also offered to give Dylan a blessing, but he told us, " I think I will wait until I am eight." I want to blog about Dylan turning 6, but I am going to wait a bit to
catch my breath.
Dylan and Mommy at the "King's Feast."







3 comments:

Amanda said...

Smoles,
What a handsome little guy! We have 1 more year before we send our Kade off. Love the dinner idea...so cute. Let's get together...it's been too long.

Anonymous said...

I love the feast pics and you look like you'r 17! Good gosh, you young thing! :) My kids loved Mrs. Lauritzen!! He's going to have a great year!

Debbie said...

Yeah for Mrs Lauritzen, and yeah for our boys being together! It's going to be a great year!

P.S. That was a sad day watching those cute boys wave "bye" to us!