Sunday, January 26, 2014

Our Annual Neighborhood Food Drive.......


 We love having the food drive. This year it was cold, but we still had a great turnout and loved serving hot chocolate and donuts to our neighbors and collecting food for a good cause. The boys were able to go with us to the food bank and were able to see the inside of the food bank. They were amazed at the scale used to weigh the food. Dylan came home and was excited to draw a blueprint of the building with his estimation of what the square footage was. Mike and I were amazed that he did this. I wish I would have taken a picture of it; he may be a builder. I hope this experience teaches my boys the value of hard work, contributing to the community, and the importance of friendship. We live in a great neighborhood who donated generously. We donated over 200 lbs of  food and we had a great time doing it. Love our neighbors!


No comments: