Friday, January 21, 2011

A change in life...

With some changes we have been having in our home, I came across this quote from President Monson and I wanted to share.
"Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives that are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly. I plead with you to not let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey -now."

It was in the Conference talk in 2008 and I really liked it. I have had to ponder many changes in the past couple of years. I realize now that change can be a great blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of change, and yet I find so much changes around me, welcomed or not, so thanks for sharing the quote and the reminder of looking at change more positively!